The advantages of the MES by profession
This page lists the advantages of the MES by trade. They are numerous and sometimes common to different trades within the company.
The MES offers advantages to every player in the company, whether they are part of top management, the quality department or production.
The implementation of an MES – Manufacturing Execution System – is a structuring project for the company. Indeed, through 11 core functions, the MES will be the central tool of the workshop.
Once integrated into the industrial ecosystem, connected to the ERP, machines or equipment, the MES will be used at all stages of production and will provide action, analysis and understanding levers for all those involved.
Here is a list of the advantages of the MES by trade:
- Increase the rates
- Reduce production costs
- Target key investments
- Optimization of production lines
- Reduced production time
- Global view of production
- Quality to be embedded into the manufacturing methods and processes
- Be alerted of production quality deviations
- Eliminate non-value-added operations
- Integration of multi-functional requirements and documents from engineering, quality and manufacturing
- Real time quality alarms and notifications
- Reduction of double verification process checks – right first time through smart tool integration
- Optimize the activity of the operators
- Avoid production stoppages
- Ensure the quality of production
- Real time to-do work order Job list
- Management of operator skills and competencies in respect to shopfloor tasks
- Real time View of the work in progress
- Monitoring key indicators through workshop supervision dashboard
- Identification of production bottleneck
- Have the right information at the right time to do their job
- Capitalize production information
- Report incidents and disruptions during Production
Reduce manual data entry as much as possible
- Integration of electronic job card (follower sheet), work instructions and product/process check sheets
- Ability to attach comments and photos to a job
- Automatic data collection using connected instruments